AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Discovery-driven research
- Strategic planning
- Rapid prototyping
- Systems thinking
- Participatory design
COMMON THINGS THAT I DO
- Ethnographic research including methods such as participant observation, contextual inquiry, in-depth interviews and cultural probes;
- Foresight methods such as trend-analysis, horizon-scanning, scenario-planning and design fiction;
- Workshop planning and facilitation including co-creation, ideation, and multi-stakeholder sessions;
- Sketching, storyboarding, and ideation.
- Problem framing and
- Concept testing
(usability + validation)
- Journey mapping and service blueprinting
- Stakeholder engagement
EXPLORING FOOD SPACES ACROSS TORONTO
DEMOCRATIZATION OF FINANCIAL ADVICE IN CANADA
Food spaces vary immensely not just by the type of cuisine or quality of food, but also how spaces are designed for how we eat and spend time in them. This personal ethnographic project explores the relationship between physical spaces, time, money, food selection, preparation and representation, and human interactions. First stop was a Chinese buffet.
Methods: contextual inquiry, observation, photography, secondary research
Canadians face many barriers when it comes to receiving financial advice – cognitive, psychological, physical, economic, etc. Currently exploring financial barriers from both client and advisor perspective to better understand which barriers can be mitigated or overcome through digital capabilities such as video chat, automation, and account aggregation.
Methods: problem framing, in-home interviews, cultural probes, secondary research, comparative scanning, co-creation workshops and facilitation.
STUDENT PROJECTS PRIOR TO 2017
Contact me directly if you want to review my portfolio.
AN ETHOGRAPHIC EXPLORATION OF THE NATURE OF INFORMATION IN OPEN RELATIONSHIPS: techno-centric fieldwork, in-depth interviews, visual ethnography
HAPPY PATH: UX design, competition, transportation
VIRA – Voice Recognition System: UX research, design, business strategy
CAREER CENTRE EMPLOYER-STUDENT ENGAGEMENT: in-depth interviews, personas, journey mapping